Take a look at your trees!
Conduct a pre-storm assessment. Identify trouble spots before a storm hits.
Some potential hazards to look for on your property:
- Cracks in tree trunks or major limbs
- Hollow, aged and decayed trees
- One-sided or significantly leaning trees
- Branches leaning more than 45 degrees over the roof
- Anything in close proximity to utility lines
- Shelf-like fungus or mushrooms
- Trees with dangerous leans
Take measures to prevent damage.
After assessing possible hazards to your property, you may need to take any number of measures to limit potential damage.
- Remove dead, diseased or damaged limbs
- Have leaning trees inspected and consider removing those with large cavities
- Prune branches too close to your house and over the street
- Check your gutters, and remove debris to prevent water damage.